Planning the deal
The goal here is to lay the foundation of the deal.
- Establish the need for the purchase (make or buy) or sale
- Work on the big picture including the business case
- Draft the initial contract and any “RFX” (that is, RFI, RFQ etc) documentation, and how to use a “reviewer” to get the best contract.
Selecting the provider
The goal is to get the best value for money for a sustainable solution from a sustainable supplier
- Planning the competitive process
- Select evaluation team
- Engage with the market
- Evaluate responses received
- Conduct due diligence on provider(s)
- Select provider(s).
Negotiating the final deal
The goal here is to create a complete and effective contract
- Preparing a negotiating strategy
- Assemble a negotiation team
- Conduct effective negotiations
- Finalise contract
- Execute the contract.